Dr. Abel Maldonado Ortiz, FCCP
CardioPulmonology Evaluation and Care
Behind Oxxo and next to the Red Cross
San Miguel de Allende
Neumocritic is a new concept in CardioPulmonary evaluation and care offered in San Miguel de Allende. Because of the complex interactive processes of the heart and lungs, Dr. Maldonado has teamed with cardiologist Dr. Luis Olvera of Hospital Star Medica, Querétaro in providing combined cardiological and pulmonary studies for the best possible prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiac and pulmonological conditions. Treadmill “stress” tests, echocardiograms, blood gas analysis and oxygen analysis and therapies as well as other related tests are available at the San Miguel office. Sleep studies are carried out at the San Miguel office as well. Credit cards are accepted.
Languages Spoken: English and Spanish
Education and Training
- School of Medicine, Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara
- Resident in Pulmonary Medicine, Universidad de Barcelona, España
- Resident in Critical Care, ABC Hospital and UNAM, Mexico.
- Research Fellowship, European Respiratory Society
- Fellow, Endoscopic procedures, rigid and flexible, prosthesis and laser, Hospital de Beltvitge, Barcelona, España.
- Short term research fellowship, Hospital Calmette, Guarin, Lille, France
- Research Fellowship / Associate Clinical Investigator, Institut de Investigación y la Reserca Biomedica, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, España
- Cédula 1727350
- Board certification
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support,
- Board Certification Consejo Mexicano de Medicina Critica y Terapia Intensiva
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Past Professor of Respiratory Medicine, School of Medicine, Universidad Michoacana
- Past Chief of Intensive Care Unit, Clinica TEC 100, San Miguel
- Past Chief of Respiratory and Inhalotherapy Unit, Hospital de la Mujer
- Past Chief of Critical Medicine Unit, Hospital General, SSA, Morelia Michoacan
- Past Governor of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Has published and presented internationally.
- Records and consults can be shared among other doctors in any other countries with a common language of communication.
- Thorough clinical histories are obtained and patients must sign Informed consents before any studies and treatments are initiated.